I've begun the process of putting the flower pots away for the season....we've been hit with frosts and things are dying off...
I still had some healthy looking plants, but I also had some that had been hit hard and were all shriveled up...I always find it very difficult to do this, but I know from experience that in no time we will be getting the cool rainy weather which then leads in the the "S" word...
No one told these impatiens how cold it's been! This little corner near the fountain is well protected...
Turned the fountain off today too...now we battle leaves for a little while longer...
My Endless Summer Hydrangeas are still blooming! It's been a crazy year for me with these plants...I've sure enjoyed them! I highly recommend this hydrangea if you've ever had trouble growing them, this one will not disappoint!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
you may also like
- I'm definitely a gardening enthusiast! Hubby and I have worked together to create the landscape you see in our yard. I've enjoyed planting flowers since I was 17 years old and of course that has evolved into a wider range of things. Trial and error have taught me a lot but there is always more to learn! I'm grateful you've stopped by and I welcome you to follow along!
Blogs I Read. . .
- ► 2016 (34)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (27)
- ► 2012 (44)
- ► 2011 (45)
- The wind down....
- I received an e-mail from a local bird supply stor...
- Putting the garden to sleep...
- Mums and Scarecrows!
- Gardening and Fairies
- Gardening and Goals
- Garden Continues to Delight
- Addicted to Hydrangeas
- Statues with new looks!
- Speaking of Last Vestiges....
- Bunny Williams, PBS Video
- ▼ October (12)